Start a Team
To get started, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Select the team captain. The captain must register first and create the team before members can join.
- Step 2: Choose a team name and team division that best describes your team. During registration, designate whether you are a friends and family, corporate or school team.
- Step 3: Invite friends, coworkers and family to join you! Email, Facebook or tweet everyone you know and invite them to race and fundraise with you.
- Step 4: Set up your team web page. After you register, log in to your Fundraising Center to add a photo of your team, set a fundraising goal and tell everyone why you race for the cure.
Each team member can fundraise on their personal Facebook page! Friends will be able to read your story, watch your progress and donate – all without ever leaving Facebook, helping the team to build momentum and reach their goals faster.
Team Captain Checklist
After you register, it’s time to recruit your team and start fundraising. Here are some tips to get started:
- Make a donation of any size to show your commitment and kick off your fundraising efforts. Don't forget when you self-donate $25 or more you will receive a 35th Anniversary Commemorative Medal!
- Set a goal for the number of people you will recruit for your team. Remember that a team is considered 5 or more members!
- Display event materials, such as brochures and posters, around your office, campus, cafeterias, break rooms, gyms, and other high-traffic areas. Include your name and contact information so people can easily get involved.
- Host a kickoff meeting or event, and invite the Susan G. Komen® Dallas County staff to make a presentation.
- Send fundraising tips out to all your team members and highlight the team’s top fundraising member.
- Create fundraising incentives for your team members to encourage them to meet or exceed their fundraising goals.
- Remind team members to log on to their fundraising pages to record all offline donations and send thank-you notes.
- Post a progress chart with your fundraising and recruitment goals in a visible area and update totals regularly.
- Attend our Race Kickoff Party on July 27th at the Renaissance hotel in Dallas!
Companies that choose to pay for their employees at full or partial costs can follow these steps below:
- Step 1: Fill out the form here.
- Step 2: Email the form to Ivette Minnerly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 3: Receive your unique code and register for the Race!
Every dollar you raise brings us closer to a future without breast cancer. And when you race with a team, you amplify your impact. How much will your team contribute to the fight?
Once you have your team in place, there are multiple ways to raise funds:
- Each team member asks their friends, family and coworkers to make a donation. Visit our Fundraising 101 page for tips on personal fundraising.
- Your team works together to host a fundraising event. Download our 101 Fundraising Ideas for fun and easy team fundraising events.
The ultimate reward for your fundraising is knowing that you and your team made your mark in the breast cancer fight.
Team T-Shirt Contest
- And the WINNER is...Pink Ribbon Angels of PwC with $1052 in donations! Check out the full results below:
1. Pink Ribbon Angels
2. AKA's Team Pink
3. The Pink Party
3. Team Sherri
5. Gems for the Cure
Please contact us at 214-750-7223 if you would like to pick up your t-shirt.