Start a Team
To get started, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Select the team captain. The captain must register first and create the team before members can join.
- Step 2: Choose a team name and team division that best describes your team. During registration, designate whether you are a friends and family, corporate or school team.
- Step 3: Invite friends, coworkers and family to join you! Email, Facebook or tweet everyone you know and invite them to race and fundraise with you.
- Step 4: Set up your team web page. After you register, log in to your Fundraising Center to add a photo of your team, set a fundraising goal and tell everyone why you race for the cure.
Team Captain Checklist
After you register, it’s time to recruit your team and start fundraising. Here are some tips to get started:
- Make a donation of any size to show your commitment and kick off your fundraising efforts. Don't forget when you self-donate $25 or more you will receive a 35th Anniversary Commemorative Medal!
- Set a goal for the number of people you will recruit for your team. Remember that a team is considered 5 or more members!
- Display event materials, such as brochures and posters, around your office, campus, cafeterias, break rooms, gyms, and other high-traffic areas. Include your name and contact information so people can easily get involved.
- Host a kickoff meeting or event, and invite the Susan G. Komen® Dallas County staff to make a presentation.
- Send fundraising tips out to all your team members and highlight the team’s top fundraising member.
- Create fundraising incentives for your team members to encourage them to meet or exceed their fundraising goals.
- Remind team members to log on to their fundraising pages to record all offline donations and send thank-you notes.
- Post a progress chart with your fundraising and recruitment goals in a visible area and update totals regularly.
- Attend our Race Kickoff Party on July 27th at the Renaissance hotel in Dallas!
Companies that choose to pay for their employees at full or partial costs can follow these steps below:
- Step 1: Fill out the form here.
- Step 2: Email the form to Ivette Minnerly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 3: Receive your unique code and register for the Race!
Every dollar you raise brings us closer to a future without breast cancer. And when you race with a team, you amplify your impact. How much will your team contribute to the fight?
Once you have your team in place, there are multiple ways to raise funds:
- Each team member asks their friends, family and coworkers to make a donation. Visit our Fundraising 101 page for tips on personal fundraising.
- Your team works together to host a fundraising event. Download our 101 Fundraising Ideas for fun and easy team fundraising events.
The ultimate reward for your fundraising is knowing that you and your team made your mark in the breast cancer fight.
Team T-Shirt Contest
Teams are the heart and soul of our Race! When you start a team it's a great opportunity to bring together your family, friends and coworkers to support our mission: to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
Show your team spirit and enter your custom shirt in our 2017 Team T-Shirt Contest!
- Step 1: Design Your Team T-Shirt
- Please refrain from using the following:
- The Komen logo (Running Ribbon)
- Pink as the main t-shirt color as it is reserved for Survivors on
- The use of the words "Race for Cure" or "Susan G. Komen"
- Please feel free to incorporate the following:
- Pink as an accent color to your design
- A generic pink ribbon
- Our Official Race Team Insignias (see below)
- Step 2: Enter the Contest
- Mail or deliver your team t-shirts by October 23rd to:
5310 Harvest Hill Rd., Suite 120, Dallas, TX 75230.
- Make sure your team captain's name, team name, and contact info is safety pinned inside the shirt.
- Komen Dallas County will choose the top 5 to appear on Race Day.
- Step 3: Vote!
- Vote on Race Day with cash, change and check donations. Be sure to tell your friends, family, and team members which shirt is yours so they can vote!
- The Top 5 t-shirts will be on display next to the Komen Dallas County Tent on Race Day. Drop your donation at the t-shirt you like the best.
- Step 4: Win!
- The winner will be announced on our website and social media on Monday, October 30th.
- Team must be registered for the Race
- Team must have a minimum of 5 members to participate
- Shirts must be received by October 23rd.